PPG: Meeting Minutes 7th Sept 2021



  • Date: 7th Sept 2021
  • Time: 2:00pm via Zoom
  • Attendees: Ingrid Babcock (IB) -  Michael Fox (MF) -  John Hadley (JH) - Patricia Idusogie (PI) - Ashok Jadeja (AB) - Esther Meyerson (EM) - Hadiba Mirza (HM) - John Rokos (JR) - Mary Weaving (MW) - Cassie Williams (CW) - Gary Beard (GB) - Sheila Connellan (SC) - Ross Dyer-Smith (RDS) - Anthony Marks (AM) - Owen Sloman (OS) - Sioux Thorn (ST)

Agenda Items

Welcome & Apologies:

EM welcomed all to the meeting. Apologies were received from Viv, Victorine, Val and Adrienne. Joining the meeting today were Owen Sloman and Anthony Marks from NCLCCG, Gary Beard, Ross Dyer-Smith, Sheila Connellan and Sioux Thorn from the Hurley Group.

Approval of Minutes of the last meeting (EM)

Last meeting Minutes were agreed with a slight correction to MW’s question regarding whether a return to patients being able to book online face to face appointments with doctors.

Items arising from the last meeting

EM asked about the COVID vaccine booster. CW said that she had not received any further information regarding the COVID Booster. EM asked if the COIVD vaccine will be administered with the Flu Jab. CW said that it was not straight forward to do them both at the same time because the majority of the COVID vaccines had to be at the HUB sites and having surgeries do both or co-administer would be complicated.

MW stated that she was aware that there is a delay in the distribution of the Flu vaccination due to transportation issues, and wanted to know if the surgery had been affected. PI reported that the surgery’s large order of vaccines from a company called Sequirus had been delayed by 2 to 3 weeks. PI would communicate to the group how bookings for Flu vaccination clinics would be made.

SGP updates (HM,CW,PI)

EM stated that it was not a secret that the PPG was very sorry that the Caretakers had not been awarded the contract after all the enormous hard work they had put into the Practice. EM also stated that many of the plans for the future have had to be put on hold because nobody knew what was going be. EM said that on behalf of the PPG she would like to take this opportunity to say thank you very much to everyone at Federated4Health for all the work they that had done to bring some sort of order into the Staunton Group Practice and seeing the patients through such a difficult time as well working through the Corona Virus. EM thanked PI for all her work in enabling the PPG to continue meeting virtually over the past 18 months and for all her help to the patients and PPG.

EM welcomed representatives from the North Central London CCG and the Hurley Group. The PPG wanted to know how the Practice was going to be handed over and how the Hurley Group was going to take it forward.

CW thanked EM and the PPG for the compliment.

MF informed the group that weekly meetings between the Hurley Group and Federated4Health have begun and it has already been planned for the Clinical leads from Staunton to meet with the clinical leads from the Hurley Group. Staffs have been informed of the rights to transfer their employment over to the Hurley Group.HM informed the group that the clinical leads were working hard to ensure a smooth transition. HM stated that we added extra capacity to the clinical staff and the Flu clinics had been set up.

CW invited the Hurley Group to speak about their plans for the SGP.

ST stated their ethos is similar to Federated4Health, and their aim is to have a smooth transition. The aim of the Hurley Group is to get to know the staff, patients and everybody else connected with the practice.

SC thanked Federated4Health for all the work they have done and working with them. SC stated that the Hurley Group is patient centered. She also advised that they had met with the landlords of Morum House to discuss improvements to the fabric.

RDS is a local resident and vested in the area. He has a good understanding of the community as he lives in it. He is looking forward to the challenge and said they will be bringing new ideas, and even though it is daunting time it is also an exciting time.

EM asked what communication was going out to the patients and asked it be shared with the PPG beforehand to avoid patient anxiety and upset. EM asked if the PPG could have an input into whatever communication was going out. AM stated that the letter would be going out to patients from NHS England advising of new contract within 5 days.

EM and MW wanted assurance from the Hurley Group that there would be continuity of care.

MF stated that the Hurley Group and Federated4Health could work together on some form communication to patients within the next month or two.

Any other Business

MF will be the go to person liasing with the Hurley Group.

EM asked that increasing membership of PPG be addressed with the Hurley Group at the earliest possible opportunity. Patient weekly walks have been re-started by Christine the Social Prescriber. The walk starts at 11a.m. everyday Thursday outside the surgery.

Flu Jab update

Although delivery of some flu jabs has been delayed owing to transportation issues, clinics have already up for vaccines received. Text messages will be sent to patients as we get more vaccines delivered.

Date of the Next meeting

Tuesday 5th 2021 @ 2:00pm