PPG: Meeting Minutes 5th Oct 2021



  • Date: 5th Oct 2021
  • Time: 2:00pm via Zoom
  • Attendees: Ingrid Babcock (IB) - PPG John Hadley (JH) - PPG Patricia Idusogie (PI) - PM Ashok Jadeja (AB) - PPG Esther Meyerson (EM) - Chair PPG Hadiba Mirza (HM) GP Fed - John Rokos (JR) - PPG Mary Weaving (MW) Deputy Chair - PPG Jud Barker (JB) - PPG Adrienne Banks (AB) - PPG Cassie Williams (CW) Fed -Gary Beard (GB) Hurley - Sioux Thorn (ST) Hurley

Agenda Items

Welcome & Apologies:

EM welcomed all to the meeting. Apologies were received from Michelle, Viv, Victorine and Val. Joining the meeting today were Gary Beard, and Sioux Thorn from the Hurley Group.

Approval of Minutes of the last meeting (EM)

Last meeting Minutes were agreed.

Items arising from the last meeting

EM asked about how the Flu clinics were going. PI informed the group that due to severe delays in the delivery of the Flu vaccines by Masta and Seqirus it has been a challenge organizing the Flu clinics. PI said that even though they had clinics set it was difficult to manage demand against supply.

The Covid Vaccine 3rd and Booster, CW explained who was entitled to receive the 3rd vaccine. The 3rd vaccine is for patients who are immunocompromised, e.g. patients undergoing cancer treatments, kidney transplants and those who were on warfarin. The consultant for these patients will need to send a letter on behalf of the patients for them to be able to receive the 3rd vaccines. The Practice has been asked to locate the patients who fall in this category.

The Booster is for anyone over 50. The Booster will be administered after 6 months from the date of the 2nd vaccine. Any patient who is this group will be invited. It was mentioned at the meeting that the uptake of the Booster has not been great. The Booster vaccination data will go on EMIS as of the 6 th of October.

SGP updates (HM,CW,PI)

CW informed the group that this was their last month at Staunton, she was very sad about it. CW stated that MR had a 1-2-1 meeting with every staff member. CW stated that trainers had been brought in and the staff had completed Safeguarding training and Domestic Abuse training. The Clinical leads had 2 meetings with the Hurley Group management team and a handover meeting has been planned. CW thanked the PPG; she said they had gone from strength to strength. CW said it had been great working with everyone and getting to know each of them. HM said that everyone was trying to continue as normal as possible.

EM said that it has been really great working with Federated for Health. Federated4Health had transformed Staunton in most difficult time with the COVID 19 outbreak and that they had done a fantastic job of keeping their doors open even in the height of the pandemic.. EM stated that the concerns that the PPG had raised in the past 3 years had always been addressed. EM said it had been really great working with Federated4Health and the staff at Staunton. EM asked if the PPG could get a date and time to bid farewell the Clinical leads and the Federated4Health team. PI to liaise with EM to agree a date.

Any other business

EM and the PPG had some questions for the Hurley Group. EM asked how many clinical sessions the Hurley were going to have. ST explained that the contract that Federated4Health had which is a Caretaking contract is very different from the Contract the Hurley has been awarded. ST stated that it is really hard to manage demand, but the Hurley will review how access is provided. ST informed the group the plan is to offer a variety of appointment options, such as eConsult. EM mentioned that one size does not fit all and the fact that what works for one practice may not necessarily work for Staunton.

EM asked what the number of sessions would be for the Clinical leads. ST mentioned that this was still been reviewed.

EM asked about the Web Site. ST stated that the Hurley Website will be launched once they come in. EM asked how the Hurley intended to communicate what the service they are offering is going to look like. ST said that they Hurley currently run 10 practices and each practice is different and the care and service will be tailored to the needs of the patient and practice.

There were a lot of questions coming from the PPG and it was agreed that the PPG members should send in their questions by email to ST and PI and answers would be provided. A list of these questions and detailed answered provided by ST is attached.

Date of the Next meeting

November 15th , 2021 @2:30pm