PPG: Meeting Minutes 27th September 2023
- Date: 27th September 2023
- Time: 3:00pm via Teams
- Attendees: Ingrid Babcock (IB), Patricia Idusogie (PI) PM Hurley, Mary Weaving (MW) (acting Chair), Fran Wilson (FW), Sioux Thorn (ST) Hurley
Unless otherwise stated, attendees are PPG members
Welcome & Apologies: (EM)
MW welcomed all to the meeting. Apologies were received Gary Beard (Hurley), Sheila Connellan (Hurley), Dr George Zumbadze (Hurley) Ashok, Adrienne and Sue Hunter.
Approval of Minutes of the last meeting
The previous meeting minutes were not discussed as we were very few in the meeting. Minutes to be discussed at the October meeting.
- A new salaried GP will be joining the team at the end of November.
- No updates about the refurbishment of the premises
We received some of our flu vaccines on the 26th of September, our flu appointments are available for patients to self-book, or they can contact us to book an appointment
Cancer Awareness Day
- A Cancer Awareness Nurse will be on site on the 23rd of October from 12:15pm - 2:15pm to talk about how to reduce cancer risk. Learn more about screening and where to obtain information. Posters have been placed at the Wood Green Library, the Greek Cypriot centre and on site. I have also provided Christine our Social Prescriber with a copy of the poster so that she can share with those who attend the Thursday walking group. Our reception staff are informing patients when they come into the surgery. The information has been placed on our web under the services we offer and the Patient group page.
- It was also suggested that the information about the Cancer Awareness Day added to the phone message, we discussed this with the staff and they said there were so many messages already on the phone menu that patients will not pay attention
- One of the items that was brought up was having a “who am I poster of what the different clinicians do, what is the benefit of seeing for example a PA or ANP. We currently have a meet the Team page on the website. The title who do I see and for what. If you click on each tab, it tells who what each clinician does briefly.
- MW mentioned that she attended the September Healthwatch Haringey meeting, she said that Debra Ayipeh who is the community engagement lead for Healthwatch presented to the meeting, discussing ways to encourage patients to attend PPG meetings by asking them what interested them and what would be beneficial to them."
October 25th, 2023 @ 3pm via Teams
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.